Perceptions of the value of the guidelines are evidenced by the following quotes from undergraduate computing students in different year groups:
- “I found that the restarting pattern came in useful when I was thinking about other modules as well.”
- “The action pattern, noticing the driver was muttering.. that was useful.”
- “We definitely use the restarting pattern […] – we went to the shop, getting away from the computer was helpful.”
- “I can see the benefit – it gives a structured way to keep things going”.
- “It may have been a useful thing to know at the start.”
- “There’s a definite benefit in introducing this – it’s deeper than being taught formal steps.”
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.